Tuesday, January 4, 2011

There is a fine line with wanting something and wanting something too much.
Black Swan really blew me away with its story development and how things are not as simple as they appear. It is unnerving at times, I must say.. I was feeling so much for Natalie Portman's character. How she had to learn to react to the cruel world after being thrown into it. This film really shows the competitive side of dance and how the passion to dance well can drive you to the furthest extreme you can possibly imagine.
I guess I really got into Black Swan because as a dancer, you can sort of relate to the need to dance your best.. Though sometimes your best isn't good enough.
Natalie Portman really shows the struggles of facing the pressure to be the best ballerina well.
She really made me feel the pressure too.
(though I'm not as competitive.) One of the best films of 2010, that's for sure.


This is my desktop wallpaper in sch. Frida, weaved hair, 3D butterfly dress? Best.
Photobucket

Weaved hair- stroke of genius.
Photobucket


Photobucket

This is like what a fairy queen would wear. Makes me wish I was a fairy queen.
Photobucket

Feathers!
Photobucket

& lastly, Alexander McQueen's shoes never disappoint. Butterfly flowerland heels!
Photobucket

Photobucket
credits: style.com

Alexander McQueen SS 2011
Lots of white in the collection and it was inspired by forests and fields and oh what a gr8 start for 2011!

2 comments:

Chevalyn Cassandra said...

Loving the shoess!=p

Felicia said...

Uh-huh so awesome right! It's so surreal-like!