Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Home is where You are

Every once in a while I retreat back into my own cave for reflection and rest.
Inspiration doesn't come so easily as I'd like it to- and does anyone notice that it is the hardest to come by during crunch time?

This Shanghai trip was a good chance to use my time alone to breathe.
Yeah it was a work trip and it made me feel sleepier day after day but I had fun meeting new people & learning new things!
Plus, the hotel room was like one big cave of comfy goodness. I mean, TV in front of a bathtub?!? A whole big soft bed with thick duvet?! Felt so pampered that I never wanted to leave.

It also gave me time to read this beyond amazing book called 'The Shack'.
I felt like I had my own shack experience in Shanghai where I couldn't escape (and I wouldn't escape anyway lol). One sentence that struck me the most was 'learning to live life loved.'

You will only live life like a princess if you know you're a princess. You'll live life like the situation you know you are in. And so many a times, even though we know we are loved.. but why is it so hard to live like it?
Do we live with a simple trust and faith that if we are loved, then nothing can hold us down for long because love will trump all other misery eventually.
Or do we live in fear or guilt because of things in the past that we worry we are never good enough or not loved enough?

Such a simple concept but it took time for me to digest it.

Let's learn to live life loved!

Okay abrupt change- on to my picture travel diary from Shanghai ;)













Kinda feels like I travelled 5 hours on a flight to reach a chinese version of Singapore haha. No wonder I felt comfortable there.

No comments: