Tuesday, October 16, 2012

In another world









So I had no idea that Loughborough Uni was this big on sports until I arrived.
It was then that I realized I stumbled onto a land of sports and Olympians and big dreams.

Did you know that this uni is one of the top few in UK or like the best for their sports program me?!
And like they came up with the world cup..
And that the female soccer team is the best in the country. 
And that they sent loads of people into the recent London 2012 Olympics games.

RESPECT.

On a lovely sunny day, Zie and I was walking around the campus and saw a match of football going on. 
Fierce display. 
Then we went to the basketball match where there was less excitement but you can really feel the whole sports vibe of the place.
I mean, I see guys practicing out in the field at 9pm when its freezing or raining or both. 
Once I even saw them punching the grass as part of their exercise or punishment. #hardcore

And the food they eat? Woah. 
I load my tray with as much meat and carbos as I can (think pasta, salmon, potatoes, chicken, soup, bread etc) but these sports people have sooo much discipline! 
Their trays are like full of salad, a couple of potatoes, smoothie and fruits.
Every time I stand next to a sports guy in the food line, I cringe at my own plate in shame.

Ah well, I might be the one designing their brand of sportswear or company in the future so they'd better not judge me and scoff at me too soon......

No comments: