Monday, March 18, 2013

Paris: Travelogue

Ooh la la! 
It was only after church service that I remembered I still have all my Paris pictures with me. I went with the kinky & cheesy UK Ladies (lol) and it was a gr8 albeit short experience!

We went in October 2012 so my memory's a bit hazy now, but I'll try my best to recount my trip with ya! (Not gonna do a day-to-day account, but a rough summary of my thoughts on Paris, the city of love~)

1) Of course everyone HAS to visit the Eiffel Tower! Glad we went at night cos the lightshow was just spectacular! Pity it was drizzling before that so we got wet and cold but hey, we're in Paris!








2) Food. Food prices were pretty expensive (or maybe cos we dined at tourist-trap locations) but I can't remember how much exactly lol bad memory when it comes to numbers. However I did recall thinking that I had to watch my budget with the food cos I'd only changed a bit of Euros and still wanted to buy gifts back and all. Nevertheless, we still enjoyed all our crepes and bread meals and even had a late-night supper with some rosé wine and fries. 
This picture below, THIS FRIED CHEESE TOAST THINGY WAS DA BOMB!!! 
Omg so sinful but so delicious! I'm missing it now. Haha



3) Almost everywhere is a Kodak moment. The architecture and view of the city is simply gorgeous. 
My eyes were definitely very happy on this trip.
We were blessed with a sunny day on our 2nd day, yay!




Mandatory tourist shot at the Louvre Museum! 
(It was crazy packed because it was a free admissions Sunday thing, so be prepared to to queue..)








4) We travelled from London St. Pancras to Paris by Eurostar
Gosh, the booking was crazy because the prices kept jumping higher every time we tried to book it! You must definitely book way in advance for seats and for affordable prices! 
The ride to Paris was about 2 hours ++ and was pretty interesting, since we don't have such big landscapes and railway tracks like these in Singapore. 
Getting on board the train was pretty fuss-free too. Just print the tickets, check-in and hop on board!







5) I think the only thing I was surprised at was their Metro (underground train). 
Was pretty confusing at times cos some trains only went to half of their stops and we had to wait for the next train at a different platform?! Thank God for helpful locals who saw our lost faces and guided us along. Oh yeah, people say the French are snobbish people and all? But I didn't feel that at all! On the contrary, all the French people we met were friendly! 
Okay back to the Metro, the underground system was run-down and smelly at times. 
But ah well, it was efficient and thank God we stayed in a hotel that was near the attractions, so we didn't have to travel far.
(They have interesting decor in different stations tho! This is a mosaic ceiling art piece)


Double-decker train!!!

Notre-dame in all its glory! 

Overall it was an eye-opening trip! 
I just didn't get the whole l'amour Love vibe of Paris tho. Maybe cos I wasn't with my lover or it was too cold and wet to fully enjoy the whole experience. 
Paris is an awesome city with so much history that it's too much to take all in a few days. 
Would definitely love to go back to shop and sight-see some more!
But honestly, I don't think I'd want to have my honeymoon here. Lol just sayin'. 
Plus I enjoyed Paris comfortably with just about 150 euros! 
Hahaha achievement unlocked. Student trip at its best.

Thanks for reading and hope you enjoyed the pics! :D

No comments: