Thursday, March 24, 2011

Heart of worship?

So I was practicing the only song I know on the guitar and it was croaking so bad, my dad came into my room to see if I was depressed or something.
Haha I know right, that's how, uhm, melodious my strumming sounded.
And anyway I was playing heart of worship (gotta start somewhere) and tryna do my quiet time with this song when my dad suddenly walked in and started asking if I was feeling okay and all.
Then he showed me the secrets of strumming and plucking and started grooving off to his own tune. I love hearing my dad play. He makes it seem so effortless!
Not a moment too soon, my brother came into the room and he was like 'Wow you sound so good now' but realized a split second l8r that it was my dad playing the guitar, not me. HAHAHA then he went something like 'Oh no wonder it sounds so nice' and walked out of the room. Thanks shawn, thanks.

I'm gonna practice this song until Jesus asks me to stop because I play too horribly or my fingers bleed from the metal strings or I fall into a deep sleep as my fingers are still strumming 'down, up, down, up, up, down, up'

When the music fades, all is stripped away.

No comments: