Monday, November 21, 2011

'Beautiful Bride'

Flyleaf's a band I've been hearing since I first heard 'I'm so sick' came out. Of course I was shocked by their screaming but I love Lacey's voice so I dove into their album and found hidden gems.
They were on my playlist for a while but soon got replaced by other pop songs *hides face
But a few days ago I started hearing them again and now I can't stop listening to them.
The lyrics.. the sound... the emotions?

Who says you can only play or sing about Jesus in hymns? They aren't even ashamed to sing about God with rock music. I'm inspired.



In an interview, lead singer Lacey Sturm was asked how it felt to be in a Christian rock band and play in Las Vegas:
Well, you know what? I don’t know what you mean by a “Christian rock band.” It’s hard to say that because people all have a different definition of what that means. If it means that we’re Christians, then yeah, we’re Christians, but if a plumber’s a Christian, does that make him a “Christian plumber?” I mean we’re not playing for Christians. We’re just playing honestly and that’s going to come out.

No comments: