Sunday, July 18, 2010

Your eyes, your eyes.

I was looking out at the night sky last night and it was breathtakingly beautiful.
Like I literally gasped when I saw the moon with the clouds over the backdrop of bright twinkling stars. I was just telling God how nice it would be to let everyone see and marvel at the sight I'm beholding now then bam, an idea hit me in the head.
Note: this is when you know that you've spent way too much time with Photoshop then with your friends.

This is sort of how God paints out our night skies. Or life in that matter?
First up, create a new document to whatever size your night sky is. Eg if you're looking out through a window then perhaps a 720 x 576? Or if you're looking at a big piece of sky from an open area (like me) then go for a size like 1024 x 576. Or any other numbers, really.

Then God will take the pen tool and depending on the moon shape, take a few quick strokes and tadah- you have a moon! For me, it was three clicks on the mouse using a pen tool to form a crescent moon. Okay for the moon, He clicks on blending options and checks outer glow. Change glow light to yellowish tint and pull spread further to about 20?

Okay next is the background, God creates a new layer and fills in with a navy blue color for the background. He adds in a gradient overlay too to make the end of the night sky tinge with a hint of light blue.

Lastly, the stars. Everybody's starry eyed!
God placed 3 bright twinkling stars for me to make my wish on.
How did He know I needed 3 wishes that night is beyond me.. But then again, He knows my every thoughts!
Of course it differs on how many stars God will put for you but do enjoy them as they shine and remind you to shine on as well :)

And so God saves the psd file under NightSky_Fel.psd and He'll save yours according to your name as well. Creative God we have, yes?

***Take-away dinner is not the same as a home cooked meal filled with love, is it not? No matter, it's take-away dinner for me tonight but no sulking 'cors I have much to be thankful for like a mommy who takes care of me and a hardworking daddy! Feminine mom and a macho dad hohoho. I don't need money I just need you guys in my life! Okay wait... maybe I do need some money :$

No comments: