Friday, September 30, 2011

True love;

(Downloaded the pretty ink/water picture from Alberto and then played with some scripting of fonts and got too tired so I only did the 'Y' and the 'g'. I like how it looks tho.. Maybe I'll do a series of phrases with more of them ink pictures soon!)

What a week it has been. 
Scary at first but then as I got a chance to reflect on all the events that happened, 
I realized that this week, at the most unlikely places,
was when I saw
True love. 

People search all around,
 the highs and the lows,
through person to person,
to find that magical and elusive feeling of love.

And as much as I had to admit,
so have I.
Always chasing after that fairytale love story
where a prince will sweep me off my feet and there'll be happily ever after.
When I watched movies or read stories,
I would think to myself:
'if only I could have that kind of love as well.' 

But this week,
seeing how my mom fussed over my dad,
seeing my grandma and grandpa spending every moment they can with my dad,
seeing my other set of grandparents come to support too,
seeing my friends texting encouraging words, 
calling me to make sure I'm fine, 
even visiting my dad when its so inconvenient,
makes me sit up and realize.. 
That the true love I was looking for?
That true love I thought only existed in fairytales?

Well, I've found it.
It's been right here all along;
with my family and friends. 
In their smiles and care and kind words.
And I'd never give up this love for anything else in the world.

Thank You, Your love is everything.  

1 Corinthians 13:4

No comments: