Sunday, September 11, 2011

Want VS Need





Credits: Solestruck Fall 2011 Lookbook

I saw the lookbook sometime back but only got to sharing them here now. Too many shoes in my desktop folder labelled 'INSP' so I only rmbred to post these pics when I was looking for 'inspiration'. 
And just what inspiration is there in shoes, you ask me?
Why, plenty! 
First, there is the shape.  A slight arc in the heels or how straight the boots are and how they will make your legs look longer/shorter.
Next, there is the material + color. Leopard printed furry or gold plated tips will make you think of overall maintenance and how durable a shoe is. Esp in rainy Singapore.  And if it matches your clothes or will stand out. I find it easier to dress down and let my shoes do the talking. Rather than stress an hour over how my dress don't fit right or how I can't find the right pair of shorts to go with my shirt or how it looks out-of-fashion.
Because a good/pretty shoe will most likely never be out of fashion no matter how old it is. 
You wear a tank top with jeans and throw on a pair of boots and you look biker chic. 
Pair it with heels and you'd be more feminine. 
Pair it with sandals and you're good for the day.
Pair it with hooker heels and you'd get picked up in weird places. 

Shoes can make or break your style.

So at times when I'm feeling lazy or have little time to dress 'cos I was busy before that (procrastinating), I just dress simple and let wear a nicer pair of shoes. I find it so much easier 'cos matching clothes is another level altogether.

Yeah actually there isn't much point to this post except to justify why shoes are such inspiration that they can be filed under my INSP folder and how I should stop going to Solestruck if I want to stop drooling.

No comments: